12 Sep 2017
Are you thinking about signing up but need some inspiration?
Do you want to sign up but need some support due to having a disability?
Would you like to support your community?
Achilles International New Zealand are seeking athletes and guides to join their Cigna Round the Bays team.
Achilles provides people with disabilities the opportunity to participate alongside able-bodied athletes in local mainstream events, whatever their fitness level.
As an Achilles guide you’ll be supporting someone to either walk or run the event. You will feel immense satisfaction helping someone achieve something they may have thought they weren’t able to do.
As an Achilles athlete you will be supported by a guide that will help you complete the course. You will be matched with a guide that suites your fitness level, whether you are a walker or a runner.
To be a part of the Achilles team for the Cigna Round the Bays, simply enter the team "Achilles New Zealand" on the Round the Bays Wellington website. Entry fee goes up 10 January - so make sure you get your entry in soon!
Join us for a social training session. We meet each fortnight, on Sunday mornings, to train our athletes and their guides for the upcoming event.
If you are interested in being a guide or an athlete, or know someone who may be interested in being a guide or athlete, please share this with them.
If you would like more information please email Naomie Lye.
- Upcoming changes to our underlying premium rates – what you need to know August 2022
- Latest changes to our advice-based covers – an update from David Haak
- Enhancements to our Advice covers – August 2022
- Celebrating our newly-awarded 5-Star BPM
- Get to know you – David Hadley, Business Performance Manager
- Cigna New Zealand Financial Strength Ratings upgraded by A.M. Best