31 Oct 2018
Cigna New Zealand is pleased to announce that final regulatory approval has been granted from the Reserve Bank of New Zealand and the Overseas Investment Office for the acquisition of ANZ’s OnePath Insurance business.
Earlier this year Cigna entered into negotiations with ANZ to purchase OnePath. Once completed, this acquisition will make Cigna New Zealand’s third largest life insurance provider.
This year will see Cigna celebrate its 100th year of operation. Cigna has a long history in the New Zealand market as a strong and sustainable business that customers can trust.
Gail Costa, Chief Executive of Cigna New Zealand, says: “we’re really pleased to have reached this important milestone on the journey. This is an exciting time for both organisations as we work towards bringing the companies together.”
The sale is expected to be completed by early 2019.
- Upcoming changes to our underlying premium rates – what you need to know August 2022
- Latest changes to our advice-based covers – an update from David Haak
- Enhancements to our Advice covers – August 2022
- Celebrating our newly-awarded 5-Star BPM
- Get to know you – David Hadley, Business Performance Manager
- Cigna New Zealand Financial Strength Ratings upgraded by A.M. Best