OnePath is now Cigna New Zealand
Cigna New Zealand (Cigna) is pleased to announce the combining of its OnePath and Cigna New Zealand businesses following approval from the Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ).
The transfer of the OnePath business to Cigna was completed on 31 January. The combined business now operates as Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Limited (Cigna), which is part of Cigna Corporation.
Cigna has been working to combine the two businesses since November 2018 when we completed the purchase of OnePath from ANZ New Zealand. With its New Zealand businesses now combined, Cigna has also brought the two together under one brand and re-launched its website to reflect its extended product and service offering.
Cigna New Zealand’s CEO Gail Costa said: “We’re proud to have completed the final phase of the acquisition so quickly and are thrilled to welcome all OnePath customers to Cigna. This is a huge milestone for our business, we now have a solid foundation for growth, and a platform to continue looking after the 450,000 customers we protect.”
Gail added: “All policy holders have been notified of these changes and we look forward to continuing to look out for our customers with insurance products that best meet their individual needs.”
Cigna continues to have an A (Excellent) financial strength rating and has retained A.M. Best as its rating agency. For the most up to date information on our financial strength rating, please visit https://www.cigna.co.nz/our-financial-strength/
- Cigna releases second round of enhancements to its OnePath Life products
- Connecting, moving, nourishing and appreciation key to overall health and well-being for kiwi children and their families
- Cigna offers market-leading staff benefits following Onepath acquisition
- Cigna Supports 100 Achilles Athletes To Take Part In Wellington Round The Bays 2019
- Media Release: Running Blind Comes Easy With A Guide
- Media Release: Cigna Offers Market-Leading Staff Benefits Following OnePath Acquisition