New quote tool and product enhancements increase the ease of doing business with Cigna
As we begin the process of regrouping, restarting and in some cases rebuilding post-lockdown, the ability to access good advice in communities up and the down the country has never been more important.
Cigna New Zealand (Cigna) is supporting Independent Financial Advisers (Advisers) so they can continue looking out for New Zealanders. Cigna is proud to announce the launch of its new online quote tool, the first of a series of planned improvements to help create efficiencies and improve Advisers’ experience of working with Cigna.
“We’ve worked alongside Advisers to build a new quote tool that not only meets their requirements but also streamlines their day-to-day processes so quoting is simple, fast and intuitive.” says Cigna New Zealand Chief Executive Gail Costa.
By integrating the tool with Cigna’s policy administration system, Advisers can quote in real-time for Cigna’s most current products and pricing. The tool can also quote for both Cigna’s personal and business products at the same time.
“We hope the new quote tool will support Advisers by reducing the amount of time spent on admin and allowing them to spend more time with their customers,” says Costa.
“This is just the beginning of a series of planned improvements to our tools that we have underway to support you through the advice journey, and transform the way we welcome new customers.”
The tool is complemented by the release of Cigna’s latest enhancements to its Assurance Extra, Business Assurance, Business Extra, and Agribusiness Extra product suites and the launch of the Assurance Extra policy document in Writemark-certified plain English.
These enhancements make Cigna’s advice based products even more competitive across a range of cover and sum insured options, providing greater certainty of affordability for customers and reflecting Cigna’s commitment to providing excellent products and service.
The enhancements include:
- New level term premium options for Assurance Extra Life Cover, Trauma Cover and Complete Disablement Cover.
- Refreshed rates on Life Cover and Trauma Cover pricing.
- An Advanced Terminal Illness Benefit allowing customers to claim for an acceleration of their Assurance Extra Life Cover and Life Income Cover to provide financial assistance for any immediate expenses as a result of diagnosis.
- Improved melanoma cancer definition, reducing the requirement from 1.5mm to 1.0mm based on a histological examination using the Breslow method.
Cigna encourages Advisers to start using its new quote tool today to access these enhanced product and pricing options for their customers.
From May 11 2020, all new customers taking out Cigna’s Assurance Extra cover will also benefit from its newly released plain English policy document.
Cigna recognises that often the specific terminology surrounding insurance documentation can be confusing, especially when dealing with multiple Insurers, cover types and various conditions.
“Having our policy documents in plain English provides customers with a better understanding of our products and how each of the various types of cover and options work,” says Costa.
“We’re committed to providing transparent, simple and easy to understand policy wording, and will continue to work toward achieving a high standard of plain English across our entire product range.”
The new quote tool and all enhancements are available now. All enhancements will be passed-back to eligible in-force policies with effect from 11 May 2020. The new rates will be applied to existing Assurance Extra, Business Assurance, Business Extra, and Agribusiness Extra customers at their next premium review date. Information about the product enhancements and how to access to the new online quote tool can be found at www.cigna.co.nz/adviser.
“At a time when many New Zealanders are reviewing their insurance needs, it’s vital that advisers are able to continue providing tailored, personal advice to deliver good outcomes for customers. It’s important that as insurers, we’re there to support them with the best tools to do so. We look forward to continuing to work closely with Advisers so we can collectively look out for our customers and meet their needs.”
- OnePath is now Cigna New Zealand
- Cigna releases second round of enhancements to its OnePath Life products
- Connecting, moving, nourishing and appreciation key to overall health and well-being for kiwi children and their families
- Cigna offers market-leading staff benefits following Onepath acquisition
- Cigna Supports 100 Achilles Athletes To Take Part In Wellington Round The Bays 2019
- Media Release: Running Blind Comes Easy With A Guide