Media Release: Wellington Runner Steps It Up With Cigna
Cigna New Zealand has launched an exciting campaign to encourage runners and participants alike to #STEPITUPNZ for Cigna Round the Bays 2017.
And today Cigna has revealed the face of the activity, high profile Wellington athlete – Katie Kemp.
“We are thrilled that Katie has come on board. Not only is she an endurance athlete but she is also a mother to three energetic young girls – a perfect example of someone who steps it up daily to stay healthy and active,” says Lance Walker, Cigna CEO.
This sentiment is at the very heart of #STEPITUPNZ – a campaign aimed to encourage entrants to set a goal for Cigna Round the Bays 2017 – whether it is running the 6.5km that they walked last year, participating with their kids or improving their time from last year.
Following the launch of registrations for Cigna Round the Bays 2017 Katie was motivated to contact Cigna to see how she could get involved.
“Taking part in the last three Round the Bays events with my family and getting involved in Cigna Kids Fun Run, I have been impressed by the interest and investment that Cigna put into running in Wellington, and its commitment to helping our communities maximise their health and wellbeing.
“I wanted to see how I could draw on my experiences as an athlete and mother to support Cigna’s work and am thrilled by the opportunity to be the #STEPITUPNZ Ambassador,” says Katie.
Lance says it is Katie’s desire to motivate and inspire people of all abilities achieve their own health and fitness goals that fits so well with #STEPITUPNZ. “She is already providing achievable advice and support for members and we’re really excited about seeing this encourage participants to get out there and give Cigna Round the Bays a go next year.”
Katie says, “If people can benefit from one thing from me and my experiences – be it from my role as a mum, tackling my goals, training, my passion for yoga or focus on healthy balanced eating – then it makes what I do even more worthwhile.”
In the coming months Katie will join other #STEPITUPNZ contributors including Les Mills Personal Trainer Emma Cachemaille and Cigna’s Health and Wellbeing Ambassador Rachel Grunwell, to provide motivational advice, training and nutrition tips. Members who are also registered for Cigna Round the Bays will go into the draw to win a family escape to Hawkes Bay valued at $2,500.
To find out more and to get involved with #STEPITUPNZ visit www.stepitupnz.co.nzor #STEPITUPNZ Facebook and Instagram pages.
Here are some of the inspirational ways’ members are stepping it up for Cigna Round the Bays 2017:
- “Since I just celebrated my 50th birthday this week and take on The Taupo Cycle Challenge in 10 days as one of my bucket list goals, I thought I'd take on a half marathon, not as a bucket list goal but just because ... well ... why not.”
- “By entering in my first official sports event since high school. Giving it a go.”
- “After a challenging year of studying, I haven't been taking the time to look after myself with exercising regularly. Cigna round the Bays is the perfect event to get my fitness on track and is a goal I want to train for.”
- “Doing it with my son together
- Cigna New Zealand strengthens its country-wide support for Advisers
- Cigna New Zealand announces double appointment to its Board
- Cigna continues to build momentum with more product and service enhancements
- COVID-19 dents confidence in Kiwi’s financial well-being
- Cigna New Zealand appoints David Haak as GM - Distribution
- Cigna announces multi-benefit discount on new policies