Media Release: #Stepitupnz Member Wins $2,500 Family Escape To Hawke's Bay
Cigna New Zealand today drew the lucky winner of the #STEPITUPNZ Family Escape to the Hawke’s Bay - with Mike Collett of Broadmeadows, Wellington, winning the prize pack valued at $2,500.
“It is fantastic to be able to acknowledge the work that Mike put in to achieve his goal at Cigna Round the Bays yesterday,” says Lance Walker, Cigna CEO.
Mike became a #STEPITUPNZ member when he registered for Cigna Round the Bays 2017, joining a community of like-minded individuals all working towards different personal goals for race day.
Taking part in the 6.5km event, Mike set himself the goal of helping to get his wife through the event. On race day he certainly reached this goal, with her beating him to the finish line.
“We launched #STEPITUPNZ last year to help encourage entrants to get out there and get active, with members invited to set a goal such as running the 6.5km that they walked last year, participating with their kids or improving their time from last year,” says Lance.
“It has been great to follow the individual journeys of the #STEPITUPNZ members with them sharing their achievements and struggles - and turning to other members and our #STEPITUPNZ ambassadors for tips and tricks along the way.”
The Cigna team cheered on participants during Cigna Round the Bays and were at Kilbirnie Park to welcome the #STEPITUPNZ members and celebrate their involvement in the race yesterday.
Mike says; “We had a brilliant day and it was great to see everything Cigna did throughout the whole event. The information provided by #STEPITUPNZ was really useful and we loved seeing it all on event day.”
Mike has won a Family Escape to Hawkes Bay consisting of:
- Three night’s accommodation at Napier’s Dome luxury Apartments
- Four day-hire bike passes from Napier city bike hire to explore the city
- $400 voucher for Bistronomy in Napier
#STEPITUPNZ members connected via Instagram and a Facebook group, where they could access insights from the #STEPITUPNZ ambassadors: endurance runner Katie Kemp, Les Mills personal trainer Emma Cachemaille and Cigna’s Health & Wellbeing Ambassador Rachel Grunwell.
- Cigna New Zealand strengthens its country-wide support for Advisers
- Cigna New Zealand announces double appointment to its Board
- Cigna continues to build momentum with more product and service enhancements
- COVID-19 dents confidence in Kiwi’s financial well-being
- Cigna New Zealand appoints David Haak as GM - Distribution
- Cigna announces multi-benefit discount on new policies