09 Jul 2019
Last week Cigna released its second round of changes to its OnePath Life product range, continuing its commitment to provide the best quality products and services to its customers.
“The latest enhancements are driven by our focus to ensure customers have the right cover to meet their changing needs – both now and in the future,” says Simon Tohill, Cigna New Zealand Head of Strategy, Product and Integration.
To ensure more customers can access these benefits, Cigna has increased some of the maximum Entry Ages across the product range. These include:
- increasing the maximum entry age to 60 for occupation classes 1 and 2 on Assurance Extra Income Cover, Mortgage Repayment Cover and Premium Cover
- increasing the maximum entry age to 70 for Assurance Extra Trauma Cover
- increasing the maximum entry age to 65 for Trauma cover available under Business Assurance and Agribusiness Extra.
Cigna has also made changes to its Medical Guidelines, removing the requirement for build medical and bloods, by increasing its BMI tolerance to 37.0 before additional medical information is requested.
Tohill says, “We know this will help to save customers time and effort, while also making their insurance experience easier and faster.”
The latest changes are driven by industry feedback and continue Cigna’s work to build on the enhancements delivered in April. These saw changes to the OnePath Assurance Extra Mortgage Repayment Cover, amendments to its application forms and refreshments to Client Benefits.
“We are working on delivering further changes later this year which we are confident will deliver great customer outcomes, and I look forward to sharing more about what’s coming with you soon,” says Tohill.
All changes were effective from 22 June. Policy wordings, brochure, collateral and quote software are available on the OnePath Adviser Hub.
- Upcoming changes to our underlying premium rates – what you need to know August 2022
- Latest changes to our advice-based covers – an update from David Haak
- Enhancements to our Advice covers – August 2022
- Celebrating our newly-awarded 5-Star BPM
- Get to know you – David Hadley, Business Performance Manager
- Cigna New Zealand Financial Strength Ratings upgraded by A.M. Best