16 Dec 2020
WELLINGTON – December 15, 2020 To support its strategic focus on growth in the Independent Financial Adviser Market, Cigna New Zealand (Cigna) has announced the expansion of its distribution force across the country with some key appointments.
Mike Doherty will join Cigna in the new year as Regional Manager – South Island. Mike brings a wealth of firmly established relationships and industry experience to the role. This includes 20 years in sales management roles with Sovereign.
Chris Hand will take up the role of Regional Manager– North Island. Chris is a well-known face in the industry having joined Cigna in 2019.
To support Advisers in the Lower North Island Steven Hillary will join the Cigna team as a Business Partnership Manager based in Wellington. Steve spent the last seven years at AIA/Sovereign as Business Development Manager and will bring valuable experience to the team.
Christine Laverty will move to a newly created role overseeing Distribution Services and Group Strategy.
Cigna New Zealand General Manager – Distribution David Haak says he’s excited to be expanding his team as the company prepares for 2021.
“I’m thrilled to be making these key appointments to our firmly established and talented Distribution team. I look forward to welcoming Mike and Steven to the team and to further growing and supporting our Adviser relationships as we continue to build momentum in the market.”
Mike and Steven join the team in January 2021.
- Upcoming changes to our underlying premium rates – what you need to know August 2022
- Latest changes to our advice-based covers – an update from David Haak
- Enhancements to our Advice covers – August 2022
- Celebrating our newly-awarded 5-Star BPM
- Get to know you – David Hadley, Business Performance Manager
- Cigna New Zealand Financial Strength Ratings upgraded by A.M. Best