13 Jul 2022
Following the acquisition of the Cigna New Zealand business by Chubb Group, we’re pleased to announce A.M. Best has reaffirmed our Financial Strength Rating of A (Excellent) and upgraded our Long-Term Issuer Credit Rating from “a” to “a+” with stable outlooks.
Cigna New Zealand Chief Financial Officer Mark Schollum says Cigna is pleased with the ratings and that they look forward to continuing to support New Zealanders with the global backing of Chubb Group.
“These ratings reflect our strong balance sheet alongside our recent integration and ownership by Chubb Group, the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurance company,” says Mark.
“With the solid backing of Chubb Group, we look forward to continuing to grow our presence in the New Zealand market whilst ensuring good outcomes for our customers and the Advisers we partner alongside.”
More information can be viewed in the release from A.M. Best.
- Upcoming changes to our underlying premium rates – what you need to know August 2022
- Latest changes to our advice-based covers – an update from David Haak
- Enhancements to our Advice covers – August 2022
- Celebrating our newly-awarded 5-Star BPM
- Get to know you – David Hadley, Business Performance Manager
- Cigna New Zealand Financial Strength Ratings upgraded by A.M. Best