Cigna New Zealand’s Social Media accounts are managed by Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Limited, which includes:
• Website blogs on cigna.co.nz
We encourage open discussion, participation, interaction with other members and we welcome your comments. This is conditioned on your compliance with the following:
1. Do not post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, racist, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information. This includes, without limitation, any transmissions that are or that encourage illegal conduct. This ban includes anything that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, national or international law.
2. Never post or transmit comments containing harassing or offensive language, using sexual references, sexual nicknames, racial slurs or rude or offensive comments.
3. Do not engage in disruptive activity online, including excessive use of scripts, sound waves or scrolling (repeating the same message over and over).
4. Do not post or transmit any information, software or other material that violates or infringes the rights of others. This prohibition includes material that constitutes an invasion of privacy or publicity rights permission from the owner.
5. Never post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties.
6. Do not post any information, software or other material for commercial purposes.
7. Do not solicit other users to join or contribute money to any online service or other organization, or advocate or attempt to persuade users to join in legal or illegal schemes.
8. Never pretend to be any other person or entity. Site users also may not falsely represent their professional or other affiliation with any person or entity.
You agree that Cigna, at our sole and absolute discretion, determines whether any information transmitted or received violates theseGuidelines, whether any such information should be removed, and whether any member should be blocked from Social Media.
You also agree to indemnify and hold Cigna, our employees and directors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by a third party arising from any information or material you contribute to the Social Media you access via the Service.
Cigna is not responsible for the personal, political, organisational or religious beliefs of its members on Social Media. This is necessary in order for Cigna to comply with its obligations under the Harmful Digital Communications Act 2015. The purpose of this Act is to deter, prevent, and mitigate harm caused to individuals by digital communications; and to provide victims of harmful digital communications with a quick and efficient means of redress. Where the Act applies Cigna will have regard to the natural justice provisions, and will follow the take down processes set out in the Act.
In the event that Cigna posts about subjects other than Cigna’s Insurance Products, Cigna does not necessarily endorse or support the organisation that the content has been sourced from (for instance, a health and wellness blog). Cigna is simply sharing content that may be useful and valuable to Cigna’s customer base.
When using the Service or Social Media, please be certain that anything you disclose does not compromise your personal safety. Please don't provide your phone number, policy number or any other personally identifying information to people you do not know. Don't continue any conversation online that makes you feel uncomfortable. Protect your safety and privacy.
Social Media Competitions
We post seperate terms and conditions for social media campaigns that involve a customised entry form or facebook app. For Cigna New Zealand wall post competitions that involve a draw, we put all participants into a numbered spreadsheet and select the winners using www.random.org.
Health & Wellness Information
The health and wellness information on the Service is provided by Cigna solely for informational purposes as a public service to promote consumer health. The information is not the opinion of Cigna New Zealand, and it is not meant to provide medical advice tailored to you in any way. It does not constitute medical advice and is not intended to be a substitute for proper medical care provided by a doctor or nurse. Cigna assumes no responsibility for any circumstances arising out of the use, misuse, interpretation or application of any information supplied on the Service. Always consult with your doctor for appropriate examinations, treatment, testing, and care recommendations. Do not rely on information on this site as a tool for self-diagnosis. If you have a medical emergency, call 111.