How do I make an insurance claim - what's the first step?
The first step in making an insurance claim is to contact Cigna directly. Our team will guide you through the claims process, beginning with giving you clear information on your policy and sending out any required forms for your claim. Contact us via the below details:
- If you have an ANZ, Assurance Extra or Business Insurance policy, phone your adviser to let them know about your claim. They will work with you to get your claim paid as soon as possible. Alternatively you can contact us on 0508 464 999.
- 0800 244 623 - for LifeOne, Funeral Cover, Bill Cover or Income Protection claims
- 0800 660 150 - for Travel Insurance claims
- or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to make a Travel Insurance Claim
If you need to make a claim for Cigna Travel Insurance, print out the form below and send it to P.O. Box 24031 Wellington 6142 or email@example.com.
What happens once I have returned the claim form?
Once you submit your insurance claim form, Cigna aims to initially assess your claim within five working days of receipt, though there may be a delay in periods of peak travel (June to November). At this point, we will let you know if we need any additional information. We will keep you updated as we process the claim, but if you have any questions, please give us a call.
How do I know if I have a valid claim? What if I'm not sure?
Our claims team are here to help. Get in touch with us and we will look into your policy details and help you decide if your specific circumstances may be covered.
What type of information will I need to provide when making an insurance claim?
The information you'll need to provide when making an insurance claim will vary depending on the type of claim you are making.
- If you are claiming for Life or Accidental Death Insurance we'll need a death certificate. We'll also need proof of the life insured's age, the policy document and (depending on who owns the policy) probate or letters of administration.
- If you are claiming for Funeral Insurance we'll need a death certificate. We'll also need the policy document, proof of any nominated beneficiary's identity and (depending on who owns the policy) a copy of the will.
- For Travel Insurance, we'll need evidence and receipts to support your claims.
- For Trauma Insurance claims, we'll ask you and your doctor for details of your medical condition. Your doctor will need to provide us with copies of reports and test results confirming your medical condition.
- For Income Protection claims, we'll ask you and your doctor for details of your medical condition and ability to work. We'll also ask you for details of your job and income. You'll need to provide us with documents confirming your medical condition, employment and income.
When we send you a claim form we'll make sure all the information you need to give to us is clearly listed. And as always, we're here to help so if you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
How we'll handle your claim
We make a straightforward promise when it comes to handling insurance claims for our customers: to make it as simple and stress-free as possible. In order to live up to this promise, we have developed four central values that guide the way we handle every customer and their claim.
All Cigna insurance claim handlers are trained to deal with your claim professionally and effectively. We take responsibility for gathering the information we require from you in order to ensure your claim can be evaluated accurately and in a timely fashion.
We will pay all our claims according to the provision of the policy without unnecessary documentation or delay. Once you submit your insurance claim form, Cigna aims to initially assess your claim within five working days of receipt, though there may be a delay in periods of peak travel (June to November). At this point, we will let you know if we need any additional information. We will keep you updated as we process the claim.
Whether on the phone or in writing, all of our communication with you will be polite and respectful. We are here to help and to listen.
We approach every single claim with an open-mind and treat all customers impartially. We will decline invalid claims promptly and respectfully and will resist invalid or fraudulent claims.
To make a claim or find out more information, call us free on 0800 244 623, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need help with your application, our team of underwriters are available between 8.30 and 5pm, Monday to Friday to help and guide you through the application process. Call us free on 0800 244 623, fax free on 0800 863 379 or email us at email@example.com.